Providing Your Hair With the Care and Support It Needs
If you are in search of a product for your scalp that can work to provide you with the support that you will need to create a thicker, healthier hair, then you may want to take a look at the Damaged Hair Repair product line. Damaged is one of the most popular brands in the market and their products are able to provide you with all of the hair care that you have ever needed.
They offer not only hair repair but also other products such as hair gel and serum. It is important for you to take a close look at all of the products that they have available and to make sure that you are choosing the ones that are going to provide you with the best results possible.
When you are looking for a way to provide your hair with the attention that it needs, you may want to consider using a product that works to provide you with the help that you need.
Before you can begin to repair your damaged hair, the first thing you have to find out is what causes the damage. In this article, I will cover some of the main or common ways our hair becomes damaged and provide you with essential information and tips on how to repair the damage that was caused.
Are you one of those persons who tend to color your hair, bleach perm or use other chemicals on your hair at your professional salon? If your answer is yes to any of the questions, then you have over-processed your hair. More often than ever, I know you would prefer to go back to your stylist for advice. Sometimes your stylist may offer you a free service to try to correct the problem.
1. However, if you were the person that attempted to apply chemical treatments to your hair at home and have found that your hair is falling apart when you touch it, then you must realize that you over-processed your own hair. To correct this problem, you need to get a good protein-based deep conditioner.
Apply the conditioning treatment every other day for a minimum of 15 minutes if you are able to use heat. A minimum of 30 minutes would be required if you don’t have access to an all-around hair dryer, (the kind used in a salon that you sit under).
A sauna, or any other way you can heat your whole head of hair at once. Do this until you see improvement in the hair, generally it will take 2 to 3 weeks of treatments.
2. If you tried to change your hair color on your own at home and got a shade of blue, pink, green orange or grey when you are trying to get a natural hue. This might have occurred because the chemicals in the color that you used at home are too harsh for your hair.
DO NOT panic. Take the package to your salon to have it fixed or corrected.
3. Have you spent a tremendous amount of time swimming, at the beach, in a pool or Jacuzzi, in a lake or any body of water? If so your hair is probably stripped of moisture, this is a pretty simple fix because you can swim with a cap on to keep your hair from getting wet.
If the idea of wearing a swimming cap seems repulsive to you, then just be sure to coat your hair with a good leave-in conditioner. Apply the conditioner to dry hair, before getting in the water. This will protect your hair while swimming.
Use a good deep conditioner once a week until you regain moisture in your locks, then drop down to once every 2 or 3 weeks to maintain.
4. Do you constantly style your hair with a curling iron, flat-iron, or blow dryer? If so, then you can use products on your hair that will actually strengthen the hair with the heat instead of damage it. So don’t throw away your styling tools yet, just make sure to invest in some good heat-activated styling creams.
Lower the temperature of your styling tools down a notch or two and make sure you don’t leave the heat on one area of your hair for an extended amount of time. Even if your flat-iron or curling iron says you can use while your hair is wet, make sure you blow-dry your hair, on low heat, until your hair is just slightly damp.
Avoid using any hot iron on sopping wet hair.
5. Do you like to brush your hair in the shower with conditioner in your hair? After showering are you notorious for brushing your wet hair with a brush? If brushing your hair in the shower is enjoyable to you, then use it to your advantage by using a silicone or natural hair bristle brush to brush your scalp, only brush your scalp, not the length of your hair.
Do this by taking sections of your hair and brushing the scalp with a rocking motion, going in the growth direction of your hair, not against it. Then use a wide-toothed comb to brush the length of your hair.
6. After showering do you vigorously towel dry your hair? Instead, wring your hair out as much as possible while in the shower then wrap your hair in a towel or hair wrap, get dressed, continue with your morning routine and take your hair out after. Towel drying can cause some serious breakage.
7. Make sure you never brush your hair while it is wet. Instead, use a detangling spray and a wide-toothed comb. It is also important to get a new brush and comb every four or five months to make sure the bristles are not tearing your hair from broken teeth on your comb or snags in your brushes.
Maintaining brushes and combs that work at the best potential can do wonders for your hair. By reviewing these common causes of damage to the hair you will be able to eliminate the causes and in some cases reverse the effect of causing damage and start to actually see real damaged hair repair take place.
Hair Loss- A Common Damaged Hair Finding
Individuals who have moderate to severely damaged hair are predisposed to hair loss and hair breakage. It is very important to nourish and treat the hair as soon as the signs of damage are beginning to show.
Hair dryness, brittleness, tangled and unmanageable hair is some of the most common findings among those who have damaged tresses. Others notice split ends and increasing hair fall due to breakage.
There are many factors that cause people to have damaged hair. It should come to your attention that proper hair care and the use of good products are not enough to effectively treat this hair condition. Caring, growing and nourishing your crowning glory requires more than just using the right shampoo and conditioner.
In order to achieve beautiful hair that is strong, shiny and manageable, it is important to observe a healthy lifestyle and to maintain your wellness. This should include eating the right foods that are high in nutritional content and keeping a well-balanced diet, having adequate sleep and drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day.
Furthermore, it also helps to use a wide-tooth comb to detangle the hair and minimize hair friction and to massage the scalp regularly to increase blood flow which is important in nourishing your hair roots.
Caring for your hair should not be too complicated. You can achieve healthy and well-nourished hair by using the right products and by maintaining a healthy mind and body. Exercise is also good for your wellness and can be a great stress reliever. Remember, stress is one of the major causes of hair loss.
This only means that you have to learn how to manage your stress. You can do this by engaging in relaxation exercises, yoga training, dancing, exercise or having a quiet walk all by yourself or with a companion every day. Other great ideas that can free your mind from stress are doing activities that you love such as painting, drawing, scrap-booking or simply engaging in your hobbies. These are all good therapies that can help you achieve wellness.
Damaged hair should always be given the right amount of attention. Natural remedies like coconut oil, Aloe Vera and other plant extracts may also be applied directly to the hair and scalp in order to improve hair condition. Taking supplements can also be helpful as long as you make the right choice of products.
Lastly, if you feel that your condition is getting worse, consult a doctor or a dermatologist right away to determine the cause of your hair problem. Some hair and scalp problems require specialized attention. For this reason, you should never ignore the signs of severe hair damage at all costs.
There are no shortcuts when it comes to achieving healthy and strong hair. It takes time to repair the damage and to stimulate hair re-growth once the damage has set in. For this reason, it is important to address the needs of damaged hair right away to prevent aggravating the condition.
Start by making the right choice of hair products. Natural is always better and more gentle. Taking supplements can likewise be helpful in filling your nutritional gaps.
There are oral supplements that contain B vitamins which are good in stimulating the growth of healthy hair. Multivitamins that contain minerals such as zinc and magnesium are also beneficial. More importantly, keeping a stress-free disposition can help in keeping the balance in your life which is highly essential to wellness.