Hairstyle products are designed to hold a particular hairstyle in place, to modify the natural texture or curl of hair, or simply to enhance the look and volume of a hairstyle. Some are even used for color and added texture.
These days there are a multitude of manufacturers that produce various products for this purpose. One way to find a product is by checking beauty supply stores, department stores, and even online. In addition, many major department stores carry them as well.
The products themselves are classified according to the product’s purpose. A mask is one type of product, often used to remove dirt and oil from natural hair care products.
The key ingredients in a mask include such ingredients as kaolin, clay extracts, Rosemary, basil, peppermint and lavender. A cleanser is another type of product used in cleansing and removing dirt and oil from the hair.
There are many natural ingredients that work well for this purpose. These include aloe vera, neem leaves, olive oil, and other herbs.
If you’re looking for one of these types of products, you’ll want to know the answer to the question, “should I start using natural hair care products for my curly or wavy hair?” The answer to that question depends upon your particular hair type.
For example, if you have curly hair and you use products containing chemicals, your hair could experience excessive dryness, split ends and even damage to the hair shaft. However, if you use natural products, your hair will only benefit by the added body, shine and volume.
Most hair products contain sulfates. Sulfates are chemicals that can be found in shampoos, conditioners and styling gels. Sulfates are often used because they are cheap and also because they are very effective. However, they can cause dryness, itching and dandruff if they are not kept in check.
If you want to try a natural hair care product that contains no sulfates, look for one that has green tea oil in it. Green tea oil is one of the strongest natural hair care products for dry and sensitive scalps. Many shampoo and conditioner products have sulfates in them, so look for one without this ingredient.
In addition, you may choose to only use shampoo or conditioner that contains organic cotton. Organic cotton is gentler on your scalp than harsh chemicals.
When you wash your hair, it is important to use the gentle cycle only as necessary. So, if you only need to wash your hair once a week, try an enzyme rinse instead of a harsh chemical shampoo or conditioner. Shampooing and conditioner with natural ingredients can help to improve the health of your scalp and hair.
When shopping for your curly hairstyle shampoo and conditioner, also check the ingredients list and look for green tea oil. You will find many different organic hair care products that contain this ingredient list.
The majority of them are made by Green Tea Extract, a natural ingredient found in the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. You may be able to find green tea oil at your local health food store.
The health of your scalp and hair depends upon the proper moisturizing of your hair strands. So, make sure to look for a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Even if your hair already seems to be oily, remember that it does need to be moisturized.
A good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner will help to keep your curls looking soft and bounce-free for as long as possible. A great moisturizing shampoo is a non-flaking hair gel. This type of gel is often made from olive oil, coconut oil and palm oil. The benefit of a non-flaking hair gel is that it will not weigh down the shaft of your natural hair.
The key to any healthy hair regimen is to make sure to maintain the correct regimen. A good thing to do before you begin any hair regimen is to spend a few moments reading about the product you are considering using. Read the ingredient list carefully, but pay special attention to the manufacturer’s information.
Often, natural hair products will have a more complete list of ingredients than those containing chemicals. When comparing shampoos and conditioners, read the labels very carefully to see what active ingredients are included in the shampoo or conditioner.
4 tablespoons of Shea Butter
1 tablespoons of Argan Oil
3 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
2 tablespoon witch hazel hydrosol / organic aloe vera juice
7 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
7 drops of Horsetail Extract Oil (Optional)
1 tablespoon vitamin E oil or 3-4 capsules
1. Make sure that your blender or immersion blender, bowl, and all utensils are very clean when you make this as this can cause mold and bacteria to grow. Clean everything with hot soapy water, then swab with rubbing alcohol or vinegar and let air dry.
2. Make a double boiler by adding a few inches of water in a large saucepan. Heat the pan on low flame. In a heat safe glass bowl, combine the coconut oil, shea butter, argan oil and place the glass bowl on top of a saucepan. Stir occasionally until everything is melted and combined.
3. Add vitamin E oil and mix all ingredients and let this mixture cool until it’s room temperature. It should look creamy, thick and opaque, but don’t let it get solid. Optional: You can place the blender in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to speed up the process.
4. Now transfer it to a high-speed blender, close the lid (leaving the hole open) and start blending on high.
5. Slowly add the witch hazel hydrosol in a constant stream into the open hole of the food processor while it’s blending the oil mixture on high. It will take about 3 to 5 minutes or more for everything to fully incorporate and blend till you get a creamy white mixture.
6. Now add essential oils into the creamy leave-in conditioner and mix well. Transfer to an airtight jar. Store in a clean and dry place.
In addition to the active ingredients, look for any added moisturizers and preservatives. These ingredients can work well with your natural hair. Remember that when you use hair gel or other natural hair products, the best way to ensure they work well for you is to follow the instructions on the label and apply them in the manner directed.
Be sure to leave the product in your hair for the amount of time recommended on the label.